Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogs vs MSM

Karl Du Fresne this morning wrote an opinion piece in the Dom Post saying that bloggers in New Zealand are constantly ranting about the Bias of the New Zealand MSM, which is partly true, but he also continued that in New Zealand unlike elsewhere this complaining was from both sides, which he said is the way it should be.

Then he went on to say "Some blogs are perceptive and well informed.
They keep the MSM on their toes and open debate to voices that might not find an outlet in conventional publications. But many blogs - both of the Left and Right - are barely literate rants written by angry, selfabsorbed no-hopers with too much time on their hands. They are often toxic, petty, juvenile and malicious.


He goes onto say that much of it is cowardly as it is posted behind Pseudonyms and anon. Which I actually agree with, and I agree there are a lot of ranters out there on the blogging scene, but I don't think the situation is as crazy as he puts it out to be. He has said there are only a few that are coherent. I have to say I myself do have a rant every now and then, but I also have some quite perceptive posts as well.


Well the full opinion piece is here

No comments: